Preliminary results of the basic income experiment, which Finish government implemented in 2017-2018, will be presented at Säätytalo, “House of the Estates” (Snellmaninkatu 9-11, Helsinki), on Friday, 8th February 2019, between 8.30 and 10.30 (time in Helsinki, GMT +2).
The event will be also webstreamed here.
The speakers will be:
- Pirkko Mattila (Minister of Social Affairs and Health)
- Anu Vehviläinen (Minister of Local Government and Public Reforms)
- Olli Kangas (scientific leader of the study and Professor of Practice at the University of Turku)
- Ohto Kanninen (research coordinator at Labour Institute for Economic Research)
- Minna Ylikännö (Senior Researher at Kela, the Social Insurance Institution of Finland)
More information can be found here.
Photo: Tram street in Helsinki, CC BY-NC-SA 2.0, City Clock Magazine.
Article reviewed by Dawn Howard.