There is a translation of this article into French
150 economists in the United States have signed an open letter that asks for
- “Direct cash payments are an essential tool that will boost economic security, drive consumer spending, hasten the recovery, and promote certainty at all levels of government and the economy – for as long as necessary….
- The economic pain is widespread and the need for immediate, bold action is clear….
- Regular, lasting direct stimulus payments will boost consumer spending, driving the economic recovery and shortening the recession….
- Automatic stabilizers ensure relief for as long as it is needed, promoting a strong recovery and efficient government.
- With many unknowns, it is critical to enact policies that will help promote a robust, sustained, racially equitable recovery and will stay in place until Americans are back on their feet….”
For further details, see Michael Howard’s article on the USBIG website.