Basic Income March Expands to 10 Cities worldwide
The latest news from the organizers of the Basic Income March is that it has spread to 10 more cities, which will all have marches on October 26, 2019. In the organizers’ words:
Largest Ever March for Universal Basic Income Set for October 26 in New York City
- The Basic Income March is inviting New Yorkers and supporters of a Universal Basic Income to join them on Oct. 26 as they March from Harlem to the South Bronx to demand economic justice for the millions of people left behind in the current economy.
- What started as a single march in NYC has grown into a global movement, with events planned in more than 10 additional cities, including: San Francisco, Berlin, Amsterdam, Kumbungu, Seoul, Toronto, Chicago, Salt Lake City, Honolulu, and Orlando.
NEW YORK CITY, New York. Oct. 2, 2019. Income Movement today announced that they have organized a historic march for universal basic income (UBI) in New York City, set for October 26, 2019. The Basic Income March is a people-powered movement sending the message that it is critical for the economy to evolve to meet the challenges of the 21st century. In New York, leaders from Labor and UBI organizations, US Congressional Candidates, the Andrew Yang 2020 Presidential Campaign, and Black Lives Matter, among others, will march and speak.
“The March of the Robots has to be countered by the March for Humanity. All of us have to participate in a national conversation about Universal Basic Income because all of us will be affected by the forthcoming drastic changes in the world of work.” – Gisèle Huff, president of the Gerald Huff Fund For Humanity.
BASIC INCOME MARCH
1:00 PM | October 26th 2019
Starting Location: Convent Baptist Church, 420 W 145th St, New York, NY End Point and Rally: Roberto Clemente Plaza, The Bronx, NY
Basic Income March Speakers at Convent Baptist Church:
- Hawk Newsome, Chairman of Black Lives Matter, NY
- Karl Widerquist: Political Philosopher and Economist, Georgetown University – Qatar
- Member of presidential candidate Andrew Yang’s campaign
Basic Income March Speakers at Rally at Roberto Clemente Plaza:
- James Felton Keith, candidate for US Congress in NY13
- Andy Stern, President Emeritus SEIU and author of Raising the Floor
- Chivona Renee Newsome, candidate for US Congress in NY15
- Scott Santens, Thought Leader, Author, UBI Advocate
Organization: Income Movement Communications Strategist: Dylan Enright Phone: +1 917.536.6780
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.basicincomemarch.com