Basic Income Week Concludes With Events in 18 Countries on 5 Continents
Basic Income Week concluded on September 22 with events in 18 countries on 5 continents. The organizers released the following report on the events with a look ahead to a march next month and to Basic Income Week 2020:
1. updated participating countries’ list
2. Call for Basic Income Marches around the world on 26th Oct
3. The motto for next year’s ibiw – send in your suggestions NOW!
1. This week there were live events in 18 countries on 5 continents (we’re sadly missing Africa this year). Not all events made in onto the calendar on http://basicincomeweek.org, partly due to the attacks on the website at the start of the week, partly due to not everyone using the calendar and us becoming aware of events through social media: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Netherlands, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, UK, US. But as you know, there are basic income developments in many other countries around the globe.
2. Next global action: 26th Oct: Basic Income March.https://www.basicincomemarch.com/
Currently there are Marches planned in the USA, Netherlands and in Germany. These cities are taking part so far: New York, Amsterdam, Berlin, and Minneapolis.
If you want to organise your own or join an existing one, please get in touch with the organisers via the website or: https://twitter.com/IncomeMarch
3. 13th Basic Income Week 14th-20th Sep 2020: Motto suggestions!
We are now collecting suggestions for a Motto for next ibiw until 31st Oct!
Send the motto in your language plus a translation into English to this Email address. Any mottos sent after 31st Oct will not be considered.
We will publish all the suggestions and hold a Motto election from 1st-30th Nov. Details for the election process will be published with the motto suggestions.
Please send us plenty of suggestions you can then chose from!