EUROPE: UBI-Europe launches a series of conferences on basic income
Unconditional Basic Income Europe (UBIE) is organising a series of five conferences on the theme “UBI in Europe – Promoting civil society” in order to promote Unconditional Basic Income (UBI) in Europe over the next year. The conferences are:
- UBI as a response to social inequality in Europe – Maribor, Slovenia, 19th-20th March 2015.
- Minimum Income vs. Basic Income – Paris, France, 19th -20th June 2015
- Stimulating Social Cohesion and Peace – The Hague, Netherlands, 17th -18th Sept. 2015
- National UBI vs. UBI in Europe – Budapest, Hungary, 5th – 6th Dec. 2015
- UBI and Degrowth – Cologne, Germany, 26th – 28th Feb. 2016
For each of those events, organizers want to adopt a participative way of elaborating the programs, and therefore, they are seeking for contributions to our first conference to be held in Maribor, Slovenia, 19th-20th March 2015.
The invitation is open to all European citizens with a wider interest in unconditional basic income who wish to share their findings and research with a European network. The conference in Maribor will explore the following key themes:
- Different social support systems and inequality
- Reaching social cohesion in Europe – Basic Income as one possible solution
The deadline for proposals is 8th January. For more details on how to participate, please see the conference website.
See also UBIE’s calendar of events.